Minnesota 2003 Pollution Prevention Grant Program
|URL:|| http://www.pca.state.mn.us/programs/p2-components.html |
|Description:||Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) partnered with the Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP), the Minnesota Office of Environmental Assistance (OEA), and other organizations and agencies to address water quality, regulatory integration, multimedia outreach, policy planning, and regional/national networking. Specifically, MPCA P2 staff and its partners launched a project to support water quality initiatives. The objective was to develop compliance assistance activities that focus on:
1) Environmental protection through preventive practices
2) Expanding the network of potential partners interested in preventive environmental protection among local community and watershed organizations, agricultural and land development interests
3) Establishing new or strengthening existing partnerships between MPCA and non-regulatory assistance organizations that are critically needed for effective deployment of non-point and point source protections
4) Evaluating environmental, social and economic measures of prevention practices in non-point and point source scenarios.
5) Implementing appropriate measures for the specific project.
6) Providing a grant, if necessary, to a non-regulatory technical assistance provider(s) to help develop and implement the compliance and assistance tools. In related work, MPCA P2 staff coordinated pollution prevention planning and implementation to reduce phosphorus levels found in regional surface water bodies and in the Gulf of Mexico.
MPCA staff also worked with its partners to initiate four separate projects that:
1) Identified two to five pilot projects that integrate preventive practices into regulatory programs
2) Developed session topics and recruited moderators and speakers for the Pollution Prevention and Sustainability Track conference.
3) Worked with communication experts within the Agency to explore a phased approach for developing a communication plan for the P2 regulatory integration; and
4) Monitored Air Quality program activities to identify future opportunities for P2 integration.
There are no reports associated with this project.
Below is a list of organizations with individual contacts that are funding this project.
Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP) - Partner
University of Minnesota Gateway
200 Oak St., Suite 350
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455
There are no individuals in this organization
associated with this project.
Organizations Receiving Funding
There is no organization designated as receiving funding for this project.
Great Lakes Regional Pollution Prevention Roundtable (GLRPPR)
One East Hazelwood Drive Champaign, IL 61820
University of Illinios Privacy Notice