GLRPPR Sector Resource: Great Lakes Sustainable Suppliers Environmental Network (GLSSEN)
Great Lakes Sustainable Suppliers Environmental Network (GLSSEN)
In collaboration with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Green Suppliers Network, EPA-Region 5 and several additional stakeholders, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality web site is now hosting the Great Lakes Sustainable Suppliers Environmental Network (GLSSEN), a pollution prevention partnership to enhance and support continuous improvement in cost recovery and environmental performance along the supply chains of manufacturers located in Michigan and the Great Lakes Basin. GLSSEN is intended to provide suppliers of any size the opportunity to meet the expectations of their customers, while remaining competitive and economically viable. GLSSEN is designed to offer technical assistance to suppliers in the following areas:
- Dematerialization Examples: The change in the amount of waste generated per unit of product.
- Chemical Substitution: Replacing toxic materials with safer alternatives.
- Efficient Use of Materials and Resources: Pollution prevention, industrial ecology, product recyclability, stewardship and conservation.
- Logistics and Transportation: Efficient, service-driven delivery systems.
- Fostering the Use of Renewable Energy: Reducing dependence on fuel sources that are easily depleted.
Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
Date of Publication:
One East Hazelwood Drive; Champaign, IL; 61820; (800) 407-0261; email@example.com